Wetherden Baptist Church was formed in October 1837 of 23 people who had been meeting for some time for worship of God in a cottage in Wetherden. In that year, the church acquired land and built the first chapel in Kate’s Lane, near the centre of the village.
In 1923, the church began to accept funds for building a new, larger chapel at the upper end of Kate’s Lane. The church relocated to worship there in 1927.
This chapel continues as the main building in which the church holds its meetings. It has recently been renovated to have a fresh, open feel with movable chairs and carpeted flooring. This has created a welcoming, multi-use space.